Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Purchase vs Interlibrary Loan
If you just need the temporary loan of a book, or a single journal article not owned by TTUHSC, please use the online ILL Request Form.
- Requests for physical items such as books in print are evaluated weekly.
- Requests for online subscriptions, such as journals, databases or eBooks are evaluated annually for inclusion in the next fiscal year, which begins September 1st.
- Purchase suggestions do not guarantee the item will be selected.
- Textbooks - the TTUHSC libraries generally do not purchase textbooks in print for the collection.
- Books in print - factors considered include coverage of the requested title in databases and indexes, the title's specific application towards course work and teaching at TTUHSC, and the availability of funds required to purchase the requested title.
- Databases, journals and eBooks - factors for selection include the database's coverage of the journal literature, ease of use, and the availability of funds required to purchase, support and sustain the requested database.