Skip to Main Content
 
 
 

Harrington Library: About

TTUHSC Library in Amarillo, TX

About the Library

As part of the TTUHSC Amarillo campus, the Harrington Library supports the faculty, residents, students, and staff in Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. The Harrington Library also serves as the physical location of the print collection for Texas Tech University's School of Veterinary Medicine.

History

A timeline of 1400 Wallace Boulevard in Amarillo, TX.

1974 - The School of Medicine residency program begins. Groundbreaking for the building on Wallace Boulevard.
1975 - The Wallace building is completed.
1978 - The first students begin training in clinical medicine.
1981 - A grant from the Harrington Foundation adds a second floor to the Wallace building. The library is named the Don and Sybil Harrington Library of the Health Sciences.
2007 - The Wallace building is named the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health.

More history of the TTUHSC Libraries

TTUHSC Libraries Promotional Video (circa late 1980s)

Second floor added in 1981

Photo origin unknown

Wallace building 1982

Photo origin unknown

Wallace building 2021

Photo courtesy Terri Wilson

Library reference room 2022

Photo courtesy Terri Wilson

Atrium 1983

TTUHSC Plexus 1983

Atrium 2022

Photo courtesy Terri Wilson

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center logo