Almost all of the TTUHSC Libraries' databases have restrictions on use and access that are specified in the licensing agreements signed by the library and the respective vendors. Off-campus access is restricted to current TTUHSC faculty, students, and staff. Alumni are welcome to use some of the free onliner esources or come to one of the campus libraries and use its resources at any time during library hours.
Some recommended evidence-based practice online resources include:
- AHRQ Evidence-Based Practice Reports: search results cover complete titles of released evidence reports, comparative effectiveness reviews, technical briefs, Technology Assessment Program reports, and U.S. Preventive Services Task Force evidence syntheses.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews: free version of the Cochrane Library; abstracts are available but detailed full-text summaries are not free.
- ECRI Guidelines Trust: database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
- PEDro: free database of randomized trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy; abstracts only with some free full-text links to publishers.
- PubMed: special evidence based filters are available.
- TRIP Database: finds information from Cochrane, National Guideline Clearinghouse, and Medline.